Pre Inspection Checklist
1. Clean out dirty gutters and remove debris from roof.
2. Check downspouts, sump pump, condensation drains, etc.
3. Trim trees, roots and bushes away from the foundation, roof, siding, and chimney
4. Paint all weathered exterior wood, and caulk around trim, chimneys, windows and doors
5. Seal asphalt driveways if cracking
6. Point any bad mortar joints in brick or block
7. Install and test all smoke detectors
8. Install and test carbon monoxide detectors
9. Clean & service chimney, fireplace, and wood stoves
10. Put all windows and doors in working condition, including any cracked windows
11. Put all plumbing fixtures, toilet, tub, shower, sinks, in working condition and check for any visible leaks
12. Install GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) outlets in needed areas (Kitchens, Baths, Garage)
13. Replace any burned out light bulbs
14. Remove rotting wood, firewood from contact with house
15. Caulk any exterior wall penetrations
16. Make sure toilets are secured to floor
17. Where windows are at or below grade install window wells and covers
18. Make sure there is access to the attic, crawlspace, heat systems, garage and other areas that will need to be inspected
19. Make sure all utilities and pilot lights are turned on
20. Make sure all electrical outlets are accessible and able to be tested.
Sellers Don't Leave $$ on the Table!
Make your property more Marketable and keep the power of Negotiation.
$325 - Must be paid at inspection
Veterans 10% Discount
There are over 1,600 items visually inspected during a typical inspection. With a pre listing inspection you can eliminate or reduce the inspection period because serious buyers can view your inspection report online at www.fetchreport.com . Get the Move-In Certified sign in your yard and set your house apart from the competition. Don't let a buyer set the price to have something fixed. With a pre listing inspection you can find out in advance, fix it, and keep the power of negotiation in your favor.